MidTown Cleveland, Inc.’s public-private strategy has allowed our cooperative relationships with governmental, corporate and philanthropic partners to flourish. By engaging our strategic partners, we’ve successfully championed major initiatives that benefit MidTown and the Northeast Ohio region.
Our recent accomplishments include:
- Reached an agreement with the Ohio Department of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration requiring that an up-to-date economic impact analysis be conducted prior to performing any work in the Innerbelt Trench. We took this action to protect our 600 companies and preserve Cleveland jobs.
- Collaborated with area stakeholders and “Save Our Access” to increase community awareness and public support for the fight to retain direct Innerbelt access to MidTown.
- Launched the Health-Tech Corridor in conjunction with BioEnterprise in the spring of 2010. This initiative brings many resources and development projects to the area. It means additional jobs and employees, new construction and in time, more amenities.
- Managed the Dusk to Dawn Program in conjunction with Tenable Protective Services providing security coverage for the 65 participating businesses and additional security patrols for the MidTown service area.
- Worked cooperatively with the Cleveland Police Department to maintain a safe environment for area businesses, employees and customers.
- Launched the "Camera Community" initiative in partnership with area stakeholders to enhance area safety.
- Facilitated the attainment of $3.5M in Jobs-Ready Site funding for the construction of the MidTown Tech Park, 6700 Euclid Avenue.
- Held the fifth Annual MidTown HealthLine Classic 10k/5k race engaging 309 runners and 15 corporate sponsors.
- Sponsored a combined Block Party and Security Fair attended by 500 stakeholders.
- Conducted our Spring Beautification Day with the help of 250 volunteers who removed 2.5 tons of trash from the MidTown area.
We thank all MidTown Cleveland, Inc. members and community partners for their support. Please click here to join MidTown Cleveland, Inc. today to enable us to continue serving the needs of the MidTown Business and Urban District.